Sic Bo is a game of chance, original from China, which can be played in many casinos around the world. Three dices are used for this game, a table where you can place your bets, and a lot of luck. Although the game has the same rules everywhere, the odds and the payoffs may differ from one area to another, so make sure you check each time you play in a different place.
You can make your bets by placing the chips on the layout, before the dealer starts to shake the dices.
Your betting options are the following:
1. Three of a kind – you can choose to bet on the number that will appear on all three dices, from 1 to 6. The pay off is 150:1, however, you may not want to make this kind of bet. You have about 1 out of 216 chances to win.
2. Two of a kind – the same like the previous bet, except only two dices must show the number you have chosen. This bet pays 8:1.
3. Any three of a kind – if you have a feeling that all three dices will show the same number, but still you don’t feel lucky enough to guess which number, you can make this kind of bet. It pays 24:1
4. Big or Small – in this situation you can bet on the sum of the three dices being small (that means between 4 and 10), or big (between 11 and 17), except the case when a triple is rolled, when you loose. You are paid 1:1 if you win.
5. Odd or Even – as the name itself says, you can bet that the sum of the three numbers will be either odd, or even, except the case when a triple is rolled, case in which you loose. If you win, you are paid 1:1. However, you may not find this type of bet on all layouts.
6. Totals – you can bet on the total sum of the numbers, from 4 to 17. The pay is different for this type of bets, depending on the odds.
7. Duo (or two dice combination) – for this bet you must choose a combination of two different numbers that must appear on two of the three dices. The bet pays 5:1
8. One of a kind (or any number) – you must choose one number to bet on, from 1 to 6, and that number must appear at least once on the dices. You are paid 1:1 if the number appears on one dice, 2:1 if it appears on 2 dices and 3:1 if all dices show the same number.